Skip To ContentAbout the CityCity ServicesCity GovernmentVisit PasoBusiness DevelopmentVolunteer
City of Paso Robles
City of Paso Robles
1000 Spring Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805) 237-3850
(805) 238-4704 FAX
Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm

Paso Robles Business Development


Business Licenses

Do I need a Business License?
If you are charging a fee for a service such as yard work, bookkeeping, janitorial, hair stylist, manicurist (even if you rent space from an established business), etc. you are considered to be in business and would need a business license, whether or not you have a fixed place of business or are working out of your home.

If you sell merchandise either retail or wholesale, whether from your home, a commercial business location or come into the City from outside of the City Limits of Paso Robles to conduct sales, you need a business license.

How do I get a Business License?
It’s simple to obtain a business license. You may either download the Business License Application from this website or pick up the form from City Hall. See the Administrative Services Business License page for more details.

If I do business in other cities as well as Paso Robles, do I need a license in each city?
Each incorporated city has its own regulations and you should contact each about their requirements. However, as an example, if you have a valid business license for City of Atascadero, you would also need one for Paso Robles.

If I have a County of San Luis Obispo business license, do I need one for Paso Robles, too?
Yes, you do need a separate license if you are planning to do business in the City of Paso Robles. A County of San Luis Obispo business license is only good in unincorporated areas, such as Templeton, Creston and Shandon. It does not allow you to operate in the City of Paso Robles.


You are here:   Home    Business Development