SUPPLEMENTAL TAX OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
In 2012, Citizens authorized a 1/2 cent sales tax increase and requested it be used for road maintenance. To ensure public trust, the City Council created an Oversight Committee to verify funds were used as requested.
See project progress reports here: Public Works Capital Projects
Press Release (November 23, 2015)
The City of Paso Robles is pleased to announce the completion of the following street maintenance repairs:
- Walnut - Creston to Union
- Jackson - Union to Shannon Hill
- Shannon Hill - Creston to Walnut
Press Release (August 18, 2015)
The City of Paso Robles is pleased to announce that it will begin another set of streets to be repaired using supplemental sales tax. The project is also being funded with a $25,600 "Rubberized Asphalt Grant".
Press Release (June 18, 2015)
...a contract has been awarded for street maintenance work using Supplemental Sales Tax revenue.
At their July 2, 2013 regular meeting, City Council voted to proceed with the recommended Repair Plan for maintenance/rehabilitation over the next four years.
- City Council selected a group of priority roads for repair preferring restoration of the most traveled roads. Resolution 13-031 & List of Streets for Maintenance.
- City Council authorized engineering work to determine the exact condition of roads on the adopted plan, to provide more precise estimates and to help determine priorities. See March 5, 2013 Staff Report (highlighted items were approved by council).
|Total to Date:||$13,770,489||$479,650||$9,973,175||$4,276,965|
Next Meeting Agenda: Wednesday, October 5, 2016
1000 Spring Street, Paso Robles
Minutes are not official or a permanent part of the records until approved by the committee at a future regular meeting.
The "Oversight" Committee was formed to aid, and by, the City Council. As such, it is a public body subject to California’s public meeting laws. That means all meetings of the Committee are public, complete with published agendas, staff reports, public participation, etc. These and other provisions are outlined in the Committee Bylaws.
Appointed March 21, 2013
|John Arnold||Chamber of Commerce||2019|
|Main Street Association||2019|
|Bill Pluma||Senior Advisory Committee||2019|
|Victor Popp||La Quinta Inn and Suites||2019|
Ditas Esperanza, Capital Projects Engineer
Dick McKinley, Public Works Director
Deanne Purcell, Interim Administrative Services Director