Council Goals for Fiscal Years 2016-2017
Goal development is the result of Councilmember suggestions and public input. The top goals are broad imperatives that will, of necessity, include many more narrowly tailored objectives. Accordingly, the goals will be consolidated to reflect this reality.
- Every two years, the City Council adopts goals to guide City financial planning and progress toward strategic objectives.
- A new Financial Forecast (2015-2019) projects financial capacity.
Most Important Goals (in priority order):
- Maintain fiscal stability by living within our means, maximize revenues, and aggressively capture lost revenues, minimizing expenditures where possible.
- Expand efforts to invest in City infrastructure through the strategic use of reserves, with emphasis on streets, parks, landscaping and facilities.
- Continue implementation of the Urban Water Management Plan, including aggressively procuring and protecting water supplies.
- Encourage the orderly development of new homes and workforce housing.
- Move forward with implementation of the Airport Business Plan, including stakeholders in the process.
- Make every effort to grow existing economic el ements, retain existing endangered businesses, and provide opportunities for new employment and economic growth.
- Support local management of groundwater resources.
Address If Resources Are Available:
- Establish a volunteer coordinator and continue to promote and encourage volunteerism.
- Council Goals for FY 2012-2015
- Financial Forecast (2015-2019)
- Service Recovery Plan
- Service Recovery Slides