Skip To ContentAbout the CityCity ServicesCity GovernmentVisit PasoBusiness DevelopmentVolunteer
City of Paso Robles
DepartmentsCity CouncilAdvisory BodiesPlanning Commission

Administrative Services
821 Pine Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
Phone Numbers
Business Licenses:
(805) 237-3999
Utility Billing:
(805) 237-3996
(805) 237-6565 FAX
Human Resources:
(805) 227-3962
(805) 227-7234 Jobs
(805) 237-4032 FAX
Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm

Business Licenses:

Human Resources:

City Employment:


Business Licenses

Administrative Services


Business Licenses

Do I need a Business License?
If you are charging a fee for a service such as yard work, bookkeeping, janitorial, hair stylist, manicurist (even if you rent space from an established business), etc. you are considered to be in business and would need a business license, whether or not you have a fixed place of business or are working out of your home.

If you sell merchandise either retail or wholesale, whether from your home, a commercial business location or come into the City from outside of the City Limits of Paso Robles to conduct sales, you need a business license.

How do I get a Business License?
It’s simple to obtain a business license. You may either download the Business License Application from this website or pick up the form from Administrative Services, located at 821 Pine Street. See the Business License page for more details.

If I do business in other cities as well as Paso Robles, do I need a license in each city?
Each incorporated city has its own regulations and you should contact each about their requirements. However, as an example, if you have a valid business license for City of Atascadero, you would also need one for Paso Robles.

If I have a County of San Luis Obispo business license, do I need one for Paso Robles, too?
Yes, you do need a separate license if you are planning to do business in the City of Paso Robles. A County of San Luis Obispo business license is only good in unincorporated areas, such as Templeton, Creston and Shandon. It does not allow you to operate in the City of Paso Robles.


Where can I pick up bus schedules and other information for Dial-A-Ride? Where do I buy ticket books?
Bus schedules, fares and other pertinent transit information can be found on the SLO RTA Website at

Water and Sewer

How is my water and sewer bill calculated?
Please review the Utility Rates Sheet and Information provided here.

When will I get my water and sewer bill?
Water and sewer service is billed on the 1st day of each month.  Bills are considered delinquent if not paid by 5:00 PM on the 5th day of the following month.  Those accounts will be assessed a 10% penalty.  Those accounts not paid by the 15th of the following month will be subject to termination.

How do I start/stop service?
Call Administrative Services Department, Water Services Division of the City of Paso Robles at (805) 237-3996 or come in to Administrative Services, located at 821 Pine Street. Click here for more information on How to Start or Stop Service.

Why do I have to pay a sewer charge?
The sewer charge on your account is a sewer user fee to collect, treat and discharge your wastewater.

Why do I have to pay a deposit if I am renting? I have had water service before in the city.
City ordinance requires that all tenants pay a deposit and provide name and address of the property owner/management company. The Water Ordinance [pdf:48k/1pp] (Section 14.04.120 of the Municipal Code) is available for viewing here.

Do you have direct debit for payment of my water bill?
The City offers a direct payment option from your checking account. Click here to download the Direct Payment Plan form.

Can I pay my bill online?
Yes! Go to and set up your online account. More information can be found here: Download Flyer

I am installing a water softener. What is the hardness of the City’s water?
The City publishes an annual Water Quality Report that lists water hardness. You may also phone the Administrative Services Department, Water Services Division at (805) 237-3996 to obtain that information. For information on water softeners and their effects on the City’s Sewer System, please visit the Water Softeners page.

I am concerned about water quality and safety. Who do I contact to test my water?
The U.S. EPA sets national limits for city water systems. The City’s Water Quality Report conforms to these requirements. For additional questions you may call the EPA’s Safe Drinking Water Hotline at 1-(800) 426-4791, or City Water Services at (805) 237-3996.

My water bill is incorrect. Whom do I contact?
Phone or e-mail the Administrative Services Department, Water Services Division at (805) 237-3996 business days between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. for any questions regarding your water bill, due dates and billing schedules.

There is a leak at my water meter. Who do I contact?
For leaks and low water pressure calls during business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.), contact the Administrative Services Department, Water Services Division at (805) 237-3996. After hours, contact the Police Department at (805) 237-6464.

How do I read my water meter?
Are you curious how to read your own meter or check for leaks? Check out the Public Works Water Division page on meter information.

Does the City have a drop box to deliver after hour payments?
Yes, there are four drop boxes for water bills: one is located in the drive through on 11th Street (between Spring and Park), a second drive up location is at 270 Scott Street at the west end entrance to the Senior/ Veteran's Center. The third location is a walk up in the lobby at City Hall (open during City Hall and Library business hours). There is also a drop box in front of the City Hall Annex located at 821 Pine St.

How do I obtain a hydrant meter for construction water?
Call Administrative Services Department, Water Services Division of the City of Paso Robles at (805) 237-3996 or come in to 821 Pine Street. More information here: Construction Hydrants

You are here:   Home    Government     Departments    Administrative Services    FAQs