Skip To ContentAbout the CityCity ServicesCity GovernmentVisit PasoBusiness DevelopmentVolunteer
City of Paso Robles
DepartmentsCity CouncilAdvisory BodiesPlanning Commission
City Clerk
1000 Spring Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805) 237-3960
(805) 237-4032 FAX
Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
City Clerk


Any person has the right to file a claim against a city for damages to persons or personal property allegedly sustained. However, Government Code Section 945.4 states that no suit for money or damages may be brought against a public entity on a cause of action for which a claim is required to be presented in accordance with Government Code Sections 900, et seq., until a written claim has been presented to and acted upon by the governing body, or has been deemed to have been rejected.


Download a Claim Form (you can fill it out on your computer then print it) or you may contact the Office of the City Clerk at 237-3960 or at 1000 Spring Street, 2nd Floor to request a hard copy Claim Form. The original and one identical copy of the claim form, together with one copy of all attachments, are to be filed with the Office of the City Clerk. Retain one copy for your records. Please mail or hand-deliver to this address:

Office of the City Clerk
1000 Spring Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446

Notice: The City Clerk’s Office is the ONLY office to which claims may be submitted. Claims are NOT to be sent to the City Attorney, Risk Management, or any other City Department.

You will need to fill out the claim form as completely as possible (please print). Missing information may delay the processing of your claim.


Claims received by the Office of the City Clerk are forwarded to the City’s Claims Administrator via the Risk Manager for the City. All claimants are then notified that action will be taken within 45 days, or otherwise notified as to the claim itself.

If recommended for denial by the Claims Administrator, you will be sent a letter from the Risk Manager notifying you of the action taken and of any further action necessary or available to you.

All Claims are Public Record.

If you have any questions regarding the form or the process, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 237-3960.

You are here:   Home    Government     Departments    City Clerk    Claims