Skip To ContentAbout the CityCity ServicesCity GovernmentVisit PasoBusiness DevelopmentVolunteer
City of Paso Robles
DepartmentsCity CouncilAdvisory BodiesPlanning Commission
Community Development
1000 Spring Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805) 237-3970
(805) 237-3904 FAX
Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
Planning Division


A General Plan Amendment is a request to change either a portion of the City's Land Use Map or the text contained within the General Plan. Applications can be filed with the City for Amendment of the City’s General Plan in whole or in part, as may be appropriate.

An Application may be filed with the Planning Division, seeking Amendment of:

  • the City's Land Use Plan
  • a specific element or elements of the City’s General Plan
  • an amendment of a component part of an Element

More than one element or part of an element may be amended at the same time.

In accordance with State law, the City Council may amend all or part of the City’s Adopted General Plan in whole or part. Except as otherwise provided by State law, no mandatory Element of the City’s General Plan may be amended more than 4 times per calendar year. For further information and/or direction as to the materials to be submitted to initiate an Amendment or the establishment of a Specific Plan, contact the Planning Division at (805) 237-3970 or by e-mail.

Application Guide [pdf:172k/5pp]

Development Application [pdf:129k/2pp]
Label Certification Form [pdf: 9k/1pp]

You are here:    Home     Government     Departments     Community Development     Planning Division     Forms & Applications    General Plan Amendment