Skip To ContentAbout the CityCity ServicesCity GovernmentVisit PasoBusiness DevelopmentVolunteer
City of Paso Robles
DepartmentsCity CouncilAdvisory BodiesPlanning Commission
Community Development
1000 Spring Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805) 237-3970
(805) 237-3904 FAX
Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
Planning Division


Street and/or Easement Abandonments are a request for the City to give up or abandon property rights to a particular portion of public property. For example, a property owner may request abandonment of a portion of street frontage adjoining their property that was never developed or that is no longer needed due to altered circulation patterns. The property then reverts back to the ownership of the parcel from which it originally was offered, or it may be divided equally between the two adjacent properties.

The Street or Easement Abandonment may be approved by the City Council only when the following findings can be made:

1. There is sufficient documentation at this time to demonstrate that there is no longer a need to utilize this right of way for a full length public street now or in the future, and

2. There is sufficient documentation at this time to demonstrate that there is in that a public advantage which would arise from the right of way abandonment request.

The forms you will need for this application are available for download below.

Development Application [pdf:129k/2pp]
Environmental Information Form [pdf:93k/2pp]
Label Certification Form [pdf: 9k/1pp]

For further information and/or direction as to the materials to be submitted to initiate a Street or Easement Abandonment, call the Planning Division at (805) 237-3970 or send an e-mail.

You are here:    Home     Government     Departments     Community Development     Planning Division     Forms & Applications    Street and/or Easement Abandonment