Skip To ContentAbout the CityCity ServicesCity GovernmentVisit PasoBusiness DevelopmentVolunteer
City of Paso Robles
DepartmentsCity CouncilAdvisory BodiesPlanning Commission
Community Development
1000 Spring Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805) 237-3970
(805) 237-3904 FAX
Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
Planning Division


Temporary Use Permits (TUP) are Permits that may be granted by the Community Development Director, authorizing certain activities to occur for a specific time frame and under certain conditions of operation. The specific activities that may be approved by a TUP are found in Section 21.23C.040 of the Municipal Code. The Community Development Director is empowered to issue, or refer the matter to the Planning Commission, subject to Findings and Conditions. The Conditions of Approval are specific to the request.  Temporary Use Permits have no fees if they are relatively simple and take less than one hour to review and process. A deposit may be required for more complex permits to cover the processing costs.

You will soon be able to download the entire packet in pdf format, which contains all the information and forms necessary to apply for the permit (also listed individually below).  If you are already familiar with all the requirements and the process, you can download individual information sheets and/or applications as needed.

Entire Packet

Temporary Use Permit Application Guide [pdf:77k/1pp]
Findings [pdf:11k/1pp]

Development Application [pdf:129k/2pp]

You are here:   Home    Government     Departments    Community Development    Planning Division     Forms & Applications    Temporary Use Permits