- Does your child know or carry...
- Contact names and numbers (home, work, pager, cell, e-mail)?
- Emergency procedures including how to call 911?
- Where to meet in case of an emergency? (see below)
- How to recognize danger signals (such as fire alarms)?
- Do you and school officials...
- Know school emergency procedures? Is your child's school prepared?
- Have contact names and numbers (home, work, pager, cell, e-mail)?
- Have updated information to reach parent and caretakers for pick up?
- Know type of authorization school requires to release a child to someone?
- Have a child pick up staging area in the event of a disaster?
- Do you...
- Limit your child's TV viewing of news and raw footage of disasters?
- Make sure baby-sitter knows emergency procedures?
Make sure your household utilizes the Communication Plan in order to organize contact names, phone numbers and information.