Skip To ContentAbout the CityCity ServicesCity GovernmentVisit PasoBusiness DevelopmentVolunteer
City of Paso Robles
DepartmentsCity CouncilAdvisory BodiesPlanning Commission
Streets Maintenance Division
1220 Paso Robles Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805) 237-3864
(805) 237-3894 FAX
Mon-Fri 7:30am to 3:30pm
Streets Maintenance



Effective February 1, 2014
City Council Resolution No. 14-007

The Roadside Memorial Program established the proper placement of approved roadside memorials, addresses, sign design, location, installation, cost and time of period placementůRead More.

The program provides for the City placement of a standardized memorial sign upon request and payment by the deceased immediate family. The sign would remain in place for a period of two years then offered to the family upon its removal.

The Roadside Memorial Sign Application shall be submitted to the City of Paso Robles Public Works Department, 1000 Spring Street, 2nd floor.


Sand is available on a self-serve basis next to the City's Streets Yard, 1220 Paso Robles Street. It is located outside the gates on 12th Street, just east of Paso Robles Street see map.

Please bring your own bags and shovel; these are not provided.


Paso Robles Waste Disposal will pick up undecorated trees at the curb on your regular service day for no additional charge. Visit for more information.

If you don't have green waste collection service, you can take your Christmas tree to any landfill or transfer station and it will be recycled. For locations go to Note that a fee will be charged at these facilities.


Visit the Adopt-A-Street page for full information on this program.


Deer  The City will remove dead deer on City streets/public property within the City limits. If you live in the City and there is a deer on the roadway or sidewalk, you can fill out an online Action Request Form or contact the Street Maintenance Division at (805) 237-3864.

Domestic Animals  The pick-up of deceased dogs and cats is performed by the County of San Luis Obispo Animal Services Department through an approved contract. Call County Animal Services at (805) 781-4400. 

Note:  The City does not retrieve deceased animals from private property. If you have a deceased animal on your property there is useful information at, or contact a commercial pest control business - search online for "dead animal removal, SLO County."

For live animal pickup, contact County Animal Services at (805) 781-4400.


The City’s "zero tolerance" Graffiti Removal Program began in 1992, and strives to remove all graffiti within 48 hours of reporting, including graffiti found on private property with the property owner’s permission. Removal generally means painting over graffiti to match the existing base color as closely as possible.

Anyone who sees graffiti within the City is encouraged to report it promptly. Accurate descriptions and locations are appreciated. Please contact the City at any of the following:
From 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Public Works Maintenance Division: 237-3873
Maintenance Division Fax: 237-4047
Or you can fill out an online Action Request Form

After regular office hours:
Police Department: 237-6464


You are here:   Home  ╗  Government  ╗   Departments  ╗  Public Works  ╗  Street Maintenance  ╗  Other Programs and Services