Skip To ContentAbout the CityCity ServicesCity GovernmentVisit PasoBusiness DevelopmentVolunteer
City of Paso Robles
DepartmentsCity CouncilAdvisory BodiesPlanning Commission
Public Works Administration
1000 Spring Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805) 237-3861
(805) 237-3904 FAX
Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
Trash & Recycling


The City of Paso Robles owns a landfill and franchises for solid waste (trash) collection and recycling services within the city limits.

All solid waste services for the City are provided by contract with private firms - Paso Robles Waste Disposal is the sole franchise collection company; and Pacific Waste Services operates the city-owned landfill.

In July 2002, the City joined the regional Integrated Waste Management Authority (IWMA) of San Luis Obispo County. The IWMA provides City residents with many solid waste benefits, including Community Outreach.

Residential/Commercial Waste Collection

Residential and Commercial Waste collection are provided by Paso Robles Waste Disposal, the only franchised waste collection company within the City. For more informatin on collection services, visit or call (805) 238-2381 (option 1 for customer service).

Curbside Recycling

Curbside recycling in the City of Paso Robles is provided by Paso Robles Waste Disposal.

Visit for more information regarding acceptable items for the Green (organics) and Blue (household recycling) Bins.

Paso Robles Waste Disposal collects green waste and blue bin household recycling weekly.


E-waste including computers, computer monitors, printers, cell phones, telephones, televisions, and radios are household hazardous waste. Microwaves can be recycled with E-Waste. Note: No appliances with Freon (such as refrigerators, air conditioners, or water chillers) will be accepted as E-Waste!

The following E-Waste from both residents and businesses are accepted:

  • IT Assets: Monitors, Servers, Computers, Laptops, Routers, Hard Drives and Computer Periphery.
  • Office Equipment: Telecom Systems, Copiers, Printers, Fax Machines,  and Toner Cartridges.
  • Scientific and Medical Devices: Such as Satellite and Imaging Equipment.
  • Consumer Electronics Equipment: TVs, LCDs, DVDs, and VCRs, Stereo Components.
  • Cables, Wires, Power Supplies, Cell Phones, Smart Phones and PDAs.

Hazardous Materials

Items which cannot be placed in curbside recycling containers for collection:

  • Batteries
  • Fluorescent lights
  • Televisions
  • Paint
  • Cleansers
  • Hot coals or ashes
  • Acids
  • Drugs
  • Explosives
  • Caustics
  • Poisons
  • Pool chemicals
  • Flammable liquids
  • Cathode ray tubes
  • Engine coolant
  • Pesticides

Find additional information here.

The San Luis Obispo IWMA operates hazardous waste disposal facilities throughout the county for no-charge disposal. Please visit for locations and information.

Oil and Oil Filters

Oil can be picked up curbside by Paso Robles Waste Disposal. Call them at 805-238-2381 to sign up for the program and schedule pickups. You can also take used oil to several locations in town.



Start Trash & Recycling Collection Service

Paso Robles Waste
Phone: (805) 238-2381

Where do I dispose of ...


  • CRTs & Televisions
  • Computers
  • Batteries
  • Office Equipment
  • Microwaves

Oil & Oil Filters

Hazardous Waste

Where is ...

Paso Robles Landfill

You are here:   Home    Government     Departments    Public Works    Trash & Recycling    FAQ