Skip To ContentAbout the CityCity ServicesCity GovernmentVisit PasoBusiness DevelopmentVolunteer
City of Paso Robles
DepartmentsCity CouncilAdvisory BodiesPlanning Commission
Wastewater Division Treatment Plant
3200 Sulphur Springs Road
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805) 237-3865
(805) 237-3886 FAX
Mon-Fri 7am to 3:30pm


A Wastewater/Commercial Discharge Permit [pdf:171k/8pp] allows a commercial entity to discharge into the City’s wastewater system. It also provides a means for the City to track who is discharging what into the system and enforce the municipal and state codes and regulations.

If you observe any incidence of illegal discharge/dumping, click here for reporting options: Illegal Storm Drain Discharge Report Form

Why do I need a Wastewater Discharge Permit?
The State of California and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency require the City to issue permits to all commercial and industrial wastewater users. Under the terms of its Wastewater Discharge Permit (Order No. 01-053) issued by the Central Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board, the City of Paso Robles is required to identify and permit those businesses or industries with potential to discharge un-permitted wastes into the sewer collection and treatment facilities. Un-permitted wastes are any wastes found in wastewater that are not regulated by constituent limits found in Federal, State or local regulations pertaining to wastewater use and treatment. This means basically domestic wastes.

Who needs a Wastewater Discharge Permit?
All commercial and industrial wastewater users (non-residential).

Where do I return my completed permit application?
Return the completed permit application to the City of Paso Robles Public Works Department, 1000 Spring Street.

What if I have questions?
If you have any questions or need assistance concerning the rules or the application, please contact the City of Paso Robles Wastewater Division or at (805) 237-3865 from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

You are here:   Home    Government     Departments    Public Works    Wastewater    Discharge Permit