Skip To ContentAbout the CityCity ServicesCity GovernmentVisit PasoBusiness DevelopmentVolunteer
City of Paso Robles
City of Paso Robles
1000 Spring Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805) 227-PASO (7276)
(805) 237-6565 FAX
Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
City Services


The Recreation Division of Community Services Department needs volunteers for the following areas:

Advisory Groups – The following advisory groups are an invaluable part of Recreation Services. They meet monthly and provide a means for the general public to express their interest, concerns, and requests. These commissions make recommendations to our department, based on their own expertise and community input, and/or assist with fundraising. Terms of service vary and recruitment for commission members is held in April of each year.

Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee meets the 2nd Monday of the month, 4:00 p.m., in the Centennial Park Live Oak Room at 600 Nickerson Drive, Paso Robles.  For more information, please call Lynda Plescia at 237-3987 (e-mail).

Paso Robles Youth Commission
The Youth Commission meets the 1st Wednesday of the month during the public school’s calendar year from September through June.  They meet at 2:30 p.m. in the Centennial White Oak Room, located at 600 Nickerson Drive, Paso Robles.  For more information, please call Lynda Plescia at 237-3987 (e-mail).

REC Foundation (Recreation Enhances Community)
The REC Foundation is a non-profit fundraising corporation committed to creating enhanced programs, places, and open spaces for quality recreational experiences in Paso Robles. The REC Foundation meets the 3rd Wednesday of the month, 8:00 a.m., in the Centennial Park Conference Room, 600 Nickerson Drive, Paso Robles.  For more information, please call Lynda Plescia at 237-3987 (e-mail).

Senior Citizen Advisory Committee
The Senior Citizen Advisory Committee meets the 2nd Monday of the month, 1:30 p.m. in the Senior Center, 270 Scott Street, Paso Robles. For more information, please call Lynda Plescia (e-mail) at 237-3987.

For more information and downloadable application, visit the Advisory Bodies homepage.

Demonstration Garden - This is the City of Paso Robles' first "community garden." Founded in 2009, the garden's goal was to demonstrate a better use for lawn area and to practice water conservation. The garden is located in Centennial Park, 600 Nickerson Drive. They are actively seeking volunteers: call 805-235-5547 or email Visit for more information.

Pools - Jr. Swim Instructors work alongside Water Safety Swim Instructors during the summer to help with swim lessons. Must be able to commit to a two week swim session. Free open and lap swim is provided for all Volunteer Aides for the summer season and a T-shirt. Contact Lynda Plescia at 805-237-3987 (e-mail) for more information.

Senior Center – People who are involved at the Senior Center say that the opportunity to volunteer is what makes the Center unique. Volunteers serve in all areas of the Senior Center, including: leadership and advisory roles; receptionists; nutrition servers and drivers; teaching classes or leading activities; maintaining the library room; coordinating clubs; entering data into the computer and much, much more. Call the Senior Center at 805-237-3880 for more information, download the Senior Newsletter here, or visit



City Volunteer Application

Volunteers Needed!

Volunteer in the Library:
California Libraries - Get Involved

Make a Difference Volunteer

In partnership with VolunteerMatch

Business Licenses, TOT
Water & Sewer

Notice Regarding

Graffiti removal?
Potholes need filling?
Sidewalk need repair?
Let us know...

Cost of Services Study

Feedback Form
Is there something you would like to see on our web site? Let us know!

You are here:   Home  »   Services  »  Volunteer Opportunities  »  Recreation