The Children's Library is a Happening Place!
Weekly Story Times
- Mondays: 2:30 pm, Grade school Story Time: Animal Tales with Miss Frances. A story and craft appropriate for children in grades K-5.
- Tuesdays: 4:00 pm, Bilingual Grade school Story Time: Cuentos y Crafts with Cristal. Bilingual stories and craft appropriate for children in grades K-5.
*CUENTOS Y CRAFTS IS CANCELLED IN OCTOBER. IT WILL RESUME ON NOVEMBER 7.*
- Wednesdays: 10:00 am, Preschool Story Time with Miss Melissa. Stories and craft specially selected for school readiness, ages 4-6.
- Thursdays: 9:30 am and again at 10:00 am, Baby Story Time: Mother Goose on the Loose with Miss Carrie. Rhymes and movements to stimulate connections between baby and caregiver, ages 0-18 months.
- Fridays: 10:00 am and again at 11:00 am, Toddler Story Time with Miss Cappy. Stories, songs and craft specially selected for early literacy skills, ages 2-3.
Check out the monthly calendar for more information on classes and events!
The computer workstations located in the children's reading area offer access to the Internet that is more stringently filtered than the computer workstations in the main library. This means they are equipped with software designed to prevent minors from accessing sites that may contain material that is inappropriate for children (e.g., obscene or sexually explicit material). Parents and legal guardians should be aware, however, that no filtering system is perfect, and that children who use these stations could come into contact with objectionable material. Computer use is free, with a 30-minute time limit. Additional filtered Internet computers are located at the Library Study Center.
The Paso Robles City Library encourages school visits and is pleased to offer tours on Monday mornings. Thirty-minute tours can be scheduled to start anytime between 9:00-11:00 am. For all tours, the guide will greet you and your class in the Library Lobby at your scheduled time. Before entering the Library, the guide will remind your students of proper tour behavior. Your tour will be tailored to fit the age of the group and all tours will end with a story in the Story Time Room.
Special Story Times can be arranged for special groups, but the library cannot schedule multiple Story Times for the same group. Even when staff assistance is not needed for a group visit, please notify the library one month in advance.
To ensure a positive library experience, the library requires a ratio of 1 adult for every 10 students, e.g., a class of 28 students requires at least 3 supervising adults. Please confirm at the time of scheduling that you will have adequate supervision for your group. Groups that arrive without adequate supervision may be asked to reschedule. Teachers and supervisors must remain with the group, or parts of the group, at all times.
To schedule a school or group visit, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Suzanne Robitaille, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the best chance at reserving your preferred date, please schedule your visit one month in advance.