Friends of the Library
Since 1978, Friends of the Library has provided additional financial support for Library programs, materials, and activities. The group collects donations of book and magazines throughout the year, which are then either added to the Library’s permanent collections or sold in the Friends Gift Shop located just off the lobby.
The Friends Gift Shop
The Friends Gift Shop is a popular shopping destination for visitors and residents alike, offering delightful goods that enhance learning and creative play. Together with the used books and magazines, Friends of the Library generates over $30,000 each year in support of library collections and services.
Gift Shop Hours
The Friends Gift Shop is dedicated to Friends Founder Molly Edmundson.
- Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Hours subject to change. Please call the Friends Store at 805-237-3908 for more information.
- President: Anne Bell
- Vice-President: Tammy Bourne
- Secretary: Sue Kennedy
- Publicity: Steven Ells
Support the Library through your Friends of the Library Membership starting as low as $10 a year. Members receive early access to book sales. View the pamphlet (PDF).
Support the Library in a 100% volunteer-run retail environment. We are seeking volunteers to assist with Gift Shop sales, book donation sorting, and to provide book sale support. Learn more about volunteer opportunities.
The Friends of the Library appreciates your donations, which are either added to the library’s collection or are used to generate considerable funds towards the purchase of new books, library materials, programs or services. Donations are accepted during business hours.
- Books must be in good condition and of current interest. Our experience tells us that the following items are not sell-able items, so we cannot accept them:
- Books that are worn, torn, dirty, mildewed or otherwise in poor condition
- Law books, medical and professional reference books more than two years old
- Reader’s Digest or other condensed books
- Magazines must be in good physical condition and of current interest. We gladly accept weekly magazines up to three weeks old, and monthly magazines up to three months old.
We are only able to accept two boxes or two bags of materials per household per day.