Curbs & Sidewalks

Maintenance & Repair

The Street Maintenance Division maintains and repairs curbs, gutters, and sidewalks in the public right-of-way within the City of Paso Robles. When possible, the City repairs damaged curbside and sidewalks when adjacent streets are resurfaced. The City contracts for major sidewalk repairs annually. Streets Maintenance is also tasked with keeping storm drains functioning properly and free of debris.

Chemical Spills

Chemical spills in a street or storm drain should be reported immediately to the Fire Department at 805-237-3973, or by completing the Illegal Storm Drain Discharge Reporting Form. View the Stormwater Program for more information.

Report a Repair

To report a curb, gutter or sidewalk in need of repair, or to report a clogged storm drain or a missing or damaged grate, please complete an Action Request Form.

Curb Painting

Curb painting is performed by Streets Division staff. In order to be enforceable, a painted curb must be approved by the City Council or as designated by the City Engineer or Public Works Director. 

Contact Information

If you have any questions regarding curb markings in the City, or to make a request for new or re-painting of a curb, please contact the complete the online Action Request Form or submit your request in writing to:
Streets Division
Public Works Department
1000 Spring Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446

Key to Curb Color Designations

Curb color designations:

  • Red curb: No Parking Any Time
  • White curb: Loading and Unloading (passengers)
  • Green: Time Limited Parking Zone
  • Blue curb: Disabled Parking Only
  • Yellow curb: Loading and Unloading (commercial)

The City is not responsible for painting house numbers on the curb.

New Construction

The City's current Standards require that residential and commercial developers provide curb, gutter, and sidewalk as standard site improvements when a property is developed or improved. Constructing or repairing curbs, gutters, sidewalks and streets requires an Encroachment Permit, available through the Engineering Division of the Community Development Department.

For more information visit the City Standard Specifications and Details page.