In Memoriam of Steven W. Martin
Steven W. Martin
Councilmember 1987-1988, 2012-2014
Mayor 1988-1990, 2014-2023
STEVE MARTIN COMMUNITY CELEBRATION OF LIFE
The City of Paso Robles is hosting a Community Celebration of Life in honor of the late Mayor Steve Martin, whose immeasurable contributions to the community will be remembered on Wednesday, September 27, 2023. The event will take place from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at the downtown City Park gazebo.
ABOUT STEVE MARTIN
Steve was a life-long resident of the North County, having grown up in Atascadero. He and his wife of nearly 50 years, Jennifer, lived in Paso Robles since 1973. They raised their two daughters, Nora and Jamie, here. They have four grand-children. Steve was involved with the community via media, service clubs, City Council and other agencies. Following, a partial list of Steve’s involvements.
- Paso Robles Mayor, 2014 – Present
- Paso Robles City Council, 2012 – Present
- President, Channel Counties Division, League of California Cities
- Policy Committee: Governance/Transparency/Labor, League of California Cities
- Founder: Mayor’s Diversity Panel
- Founder: Citizens COVID-19 Coalition
- Chairman, Housing Constraints & Opportunities Committee
- Member, Twin Cities Hospital Governing Board
- Liaison, San Luis Obispo County Homeless Services Oversight Committee
- Liaison, Paso Robles Airport Commission
- Liaison, Paso Robles Youth Council
- Liaison, Travel Paso Robles Association
- Liaison, SLO-Cal County Tourism Committee
- Alternate Liaison, San Luis Obispo County Council of Governments/Regional Transportation Authority
- Paso Robles City Council, 1987 – 1996
- Paso Robles Mayor, 1988 – 1990
- Former Board member, CommunityLink – Non-Profit organization offering Homeless Services, 0-5 Health Navigator, Family Advocacy, Parenting Classes, Youth Programs and Resource Centers.
- Former board member, El Camino Homeless Organization
- Atascadero Chamber Community Volunteer of the Year 2007
- Past-Chairman, Atascadero Colony Days
- Founding chairman, Mission Oaks Unit, American Cancer Society
- Former board member, San Luis Obispo County Hospice
- Past-president, Paso Robles Kiwanis
- Past-president, Paso Robles Optimist Club
- Owner, S.W. Martin & Associates – Communication/Marketing/Advertising
- Owner/operator: Internet Radio Station VoiceOfPaso.com
- Director of Tourism/Public Information Representative, City of Atascadero
- Executive Director/Main Street Association, City of Atascadero
- Managing Member, The Tourist LLC (travel publications)
- Director of Marketing & Community Relations, Twin Cities Community Hospital
- Editor, Paso Robles Country News
- Director of News & Operations, KPRL-AM/KDDB-FM
- Founder, PRPR, (Paso Robles Public Relations), full-service advertising agency
- California State University Fresno, CA – Journalism – Bachelor of Arts, Journalism – Magna Cum Laude. Member, Phi Kappa Phi academic honor society.
- California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo, CA – Undergraduate studies in Physics, Organic and inorganic chemistry, analytic geometry, Calculus
- Database Programming – Developed commercially marketed office management software for veterinary practices.
- The Arts – Plays numerous musical instruments. Composer of numerous songs/lyrics. Author of seven stage plays (When Forever Ends, The Last Talk Show, Halfway to Paradise, Karma! The Cosmic Credit Card, POW, Encounter At Bowleg Junction, Educating Cheetah), the historic non-fiction book Atascadero, the fiction novels 39: 100111 and Watermelon Dreams, the autobiographical novel The High Road and a collection of poems, Perpendicular | At Write Angles to Myself.