Housing Constraints & Opportunities
The Housing Constraints and Opportunities Committee has been appointed by the City Council to review housing issues identified at the October 17, 2015 Housing Workshop. The Committee’s task is to make recommendations to the City Council on ways to increase housing production.
The HCOC will act as a steering committee during the process of updating the 6th cycle General Plan Housing Element, which is due for completion by December 2020. The public is invited to participate in upcoming meetings to share insights and ideas on how the City can improve housing opportunities.
The next Housing Constraints and Opportunities Committee will be held on October 22, 2020 at 3:00 PM via teleconference only.
In compliance with the State and County Shelter at Home Orders, and as allowed by the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20, which allows for a deviation of teleconference rules required by the Ralph M. Brown Act, Housing Constraints & Opportunities meetings will be held by teleconference only until further notice.
Rather than attending in person, residents have 3 options.
- Attend the meeting virtually to see and hear presentations of proposed projects – register prior to the meeting by sending your name and email address to email@example.com or use the following link to Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Attend the meeting by conference call to hear presentations only – during the meeting call 323-457-5183 and enter the Conference ID: 465 990 965#
- Before the meeting, submit public comment by email – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All public comments should include the authors name and address. Written public comments should be submitted via email prior to 5:00PM the day before the meeting to be sure the board has time to review. If submitting written comments in advance of the meeting, please note the agenda item by number or name.
- 2017.08.31. HCOC agenda - meeting 11
- 2017.10.19. HCOC agenda - meeting 12
- 2017.11.15. HCOC agenda - meeting 13
- 2018.04.18. HCOC agenda - meeting 14
- 2018.09.12. HCOC agenda - meeting 15
- 2018.11.14. HCOC agenda - meeting 16
- 2018.12.19. HCOC agenda - meeting 17
- 2020.01.30. HCOC agenda - meeting 18
- 20.02.13. HCOC agenda - meeting 19
- 20.03.12. 00. HCOC agenda meeting 20
- 20.05.21. 00. HCOC agenda meeting 21
- 20.010.22. HCOC agenda meeting 22
- Teleconference Only (See above instructions for attending)
- Amy Russell
- Bruce White
- Carlos Olveda
- David Cooke
- Greg Haas
- Joel Neel
- John Donaldson
- Kenneth Trigueiro
- Larry Werner
- Steve Gregory
- Steve Martin
- Vince Vanderlip
Term of Office
To be determined
- Warren Frace, Community Development Director
- Darren Nash, City Planner
- David Athey, City Engineer
- Darcy Delgado, Associate Planner