PASO ROBLES, CA – September 25, 2023 – With the official arrival of fall, the Paso Robles Library is excited to announce that it is overflowing with resources and services for the whole community. All it takes is a library card.
What can a Paso Robles City Library card do for you? In addition to the physical items available, your library card unlocks access to a wide array of online resources too. Here are just SOME of the things offered by your library, and all are FREE.
- Parks Pass Program: Paso Robles City Library cardholders can check out free vehicle day-use passes to over 200 participating state park units operated by the California State Park.
BOOKS & MORE:
- Library Catalog: Your Paso Robles City Library card (14-digit number beginning with 22138) allows access to the Paso Robles City Library’s physical items and eLibrary content.
- Downloads: Programs like Hoopla, Libby/Overdrive and Enki offer an extensive selection of ebooks, audiobooks, TV shows, movies, music and graphic novels available to download with your library card.
- ZIP Books: Can’t find the book you are looking for in our catalog? Try ZIP Books.
- Library by Mail: A free service that enables homebound city residents with Paso Robles Library cards to borrow library materials via the U.S. postal service.
- Book Club Kits: Kits are available to check out for 6 weeks. Each kit comes with 10 books and discussion questions to share with your book club.
- Inclusive Collection: Located in our children’s section, our inclusive collection includes Braille books as well as dyslexia and sensory-friendly books for neurodivergent readers.
- Spanish Collection: Spanish books and DVDs are available for check-out in both the adult and children’s sections.
CLASSES & EVENTS:
- Library Book Group: The Library Book Group has been meeting for over 25 years and new members are always welcome. Both fiction and non-fiction titles are selected for discussion and are usually available in various formats through the library catalog. The group meets monthly, 6-7 pm.
- Monthly Craft Classes: Learn a new craft skill or improve your crafting abilities with the library's monthly craft class for adults
- Children’s In-Person Story Time: Story time is offered daily on a rotating schedule for age groups baby through school-aged. Check the online events schedule for days and times. Space is limited. Free tickets available at the Children's Desk.
EBOOKS, AUDIOBOOKS, MUSIC & MOVIES
- enki: Wide selection of niche non-fiction, indie bestsellers, classics, graphic novels, and more.
- hoopla Digital: Extensive selection of digital video (movies and TV shows), music, audiobooks, eBooks and comics.
- Libby: Extensive eBook and audiobook selection of adult, teen, and juvenile fiction and non-fiction.
- Study/meeting room: The study room is open to the public and can be reserved for 2-hour blocks up to 1 week in advance. It can hold up to 8 people, and includes the use of a white board and tv screen.
- Public computers, Wi-Fi and printers: Public computers and Wi-Fi are available for free. Patrons can also use the copy machine and color printer for $.20/page.
- Library Study Center: The Library Study Center is located at 3600 Oak Street and is open for the 2 hours following school release Monday-Friday. It is open to K-12 graders though it primarily serves elementary school-aged students.
The Paso Robles Library continues to be a hub for learning, personal growth, and professional development. These partnerships are a testament to our commitment to serving the diverse needs of our community, regardless of age or background.
Make the most of #LibraryWeather by visiting the Paso Robles City Library located at 1000 Spring Street in Paso Robles.
Visit the library to apply for your library card or apply at https://www.prcity.com/234/Getting-a-Library-Card.
For more information on anything you see here, please visit our website at www.prcity.com/library or call 805.237.3870.