Can I burn debris, trash, and tree or brush trimmings?

The City of Paso Robles has not allowed the burning of trash, debris or vegetation within city limits for more than 10 years. However, if you are outside Paso Robles city limits, in the surrounding communities of Creston, Whitley Gardens, Jardine, Geneseo, Shandon, San Miguel or Templeton, please refer to the information below.

Backyard Burning Provisions, Limitations and Prohibitions: Backyard/Dooryard burning is allowed during the Non-Emergency Response Period (normally from November 15 to April 30), unless a hazardous fire condition exists. The Air Pollution Control District (APCD) regulates backyard burning.

Please call 800-834-2876 for requirements for backyard burning and permissive burn-day status. Burning will be immediately discontinued if the APCD determines the smoke emissions are offensive to occupants of surrounding properties, or if the burning constitutes a hazardous condition. Complaints of individuals violating this regulation can be filed with the APCD at 805-781-5912.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Fire Code?
2. Can I burn debris, trash, and tree or brush trimmings?
3. Why are fire sprinklers required?
4. Who do I call about fire sprinkler system requirements and inspections?
5. What is a Knox Box?
6. Can I access the Paso Robles Municipal Code online?
7. My neighbor has trash, debris and inoperative vehicles in his yard and it is really an eyesore. Can the City help?
8. How do I get a fire engine to visit my school or event?
9. Can I ride along with the engine company?
10. How do I schedule a tour of the fire station?
11. How do I get a copy of an incident or a fire report?